Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The logical test Edition Juan Williams

Update: some of my dear readers when challenged did not pick up the ironic tone of this post, so I made a few changes. Others seemed to miss the point that I'm mocking false logical arguments, thus I me just clarify that I'm mocking false logical arguments.

Test multiple choice!

1 Emotions Juan Williams seems to say: "most terrorists are Muslims, therefore I deduce that most Muslims are terrorist. It is: (a) a basic logical error, (b) a valid reason not to take a flight with people wearing "Muslim Costume", (c) implies if Juan is the fear of the risk of a terrorist attack, it should never have braved dangerous drive to the airport.

2 Somewhere a few nuts is a fan of Economist Friedrich Hayek. Therefore, it follows that: (a) because I love Hayek, I'm a nut, (b) you can logically prove that Hayek is a talk show host (c) ideas Hayek make possible a free society where nuts hazelnut things said, but you can ignore it.

3. The Nazi liked Wagner.James Levine recently conducted Das Rheingold Wagner at the met.Thus (a) James Levine is a Nazi, Wagner (b) is a Nazi, (c) the opening of Lohengrin is one of the most beautiful pieces of music of all time.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized Permalink .Suivez .Signet comments here with the RSS feed for this post .or leave a trackback: trackback URL.

This entry transmitted via the service for full-text RSS - if this is your content and you read on someone to another site, please read our FAQ page fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Article five filters features: After Hiroshima - non-rapport Cancer Catastrophe of Fallujah.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment